Gibraltar is accessible by land, sea and air. Direct scheduled air services originate from the UK and Morocco.
Regular services to Gibraltar operate from the following destinations:
Fly between Gibraltar and Malaga
To book a flight to Gibraltar with British Airways from London Heathrow Airport, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings:
To book a flight to Gibraltar with easyJet from London Gatwick or Bristol Airports, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings:
To book a flight to Gibraltar with Wizz Air from London Luton, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings:
To book a flight to Gibraltar with Royal Air Maroc from Tangier Airport, please see their website for more information on flight availability, fares or bookings:
For information on customs allowance from Gibraltar to the United Kingdom, please click here:
Gibraltar is also accessible via Spain. Gibraltar adjoins the southern coast of Spain at the western end of the Mediterranean. In order to be allowed through the border into Gibraltar you will be required to be in possession of a valid passport. If you are unsure as to whether you require a visa to enter Gibraltar please click here:
The land frontier is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and there are no limits on the number of frontier crossings you can make. There is no charge to enter Gibraltar.
If you are driving to Gibraltar from Spain, take the N340 or the A7 (Cadiz - Malaga highway) and turn off at Junction 119 into the N351 which takes you to La Linea, the border town between Spain and Gibraltar. The frontier is just a five minute walk away from La Linea Bus Station.
For further information please click here:
Blands Travel run an airport shuttle service between Gibraltar and Malaga Airport. The service runs twice daily from Gibraltar and twice daily from Malaga Airport.
Bookings may be made via email: email@example.com, telephone (+350) 20050932 or via their website.
Gibraltar, with its prime location at the southern tip of Europe, guarding the gateway to the Mediterranean, is an ideal port of call for cruise ships and yachts.
The reasons are not hard to find. Gibraltar is an attractive destination that is being continuously developed, not only economically and commercially, but also from a tourism point of view. The town has modern services available. The airport is only a five-minute drive from the port, with daily connections to London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton and Manchester in the UK.
For travellers with time to explore the surrounding regions around Gibraltar, it is possible to inter-rail through France and Spain. Itineraries can be made to suit your time schedule and details of train travel starting in the UK are detailed below.
- Travel from London Waterloo to Paris Gare du Nord station by Eurostar. For further details please visit www.eurostar.com or for telephone bookings please call 08705 186 186.
- Cross Paris by taxi or metro to the Gare d’Austerlitz station. For further information on travelling by metro please visit www.ratp.fr
- Travel overnight from Paris to Madrid Chamartin on the Trainhotel. The Trainhotel is a special articulated sleeping-car train with 4-berth tourist class sleepers, and 1 and 2 berth ‘gran classe’ sleepers with en-suite toilet and shower facilities. For further information please visit www.elipsos.com
- Travel from Madrid to Algeciras on the afternoon Altaria air-conditioned 125mph train. Altaria trains have 1st class (Preferente) and 2nd class (Turista) cabins and offer cafe-bar facilities. For further information please visit www.renfe.es
- When arriving at Algeciras station, cross the forecourt to the bus terminal across the road. Buses leave every half hour to La Linea (the Spanish side of the frontier with Gibraltar), taking about 30 minutes. From here, simply walk across the border into Gibraltar.
Please be advised, in order to be allowed into Gibraltar you will be required to be in possession of a valid passport. If you are unsure as to whether you require a visa to enter Gibraltar please click here
To book train travel from London to Algeciras please contact:
178 Piccadilly, London W1 - (nearest tube Piccadilly Circus and Green Park)
Telephone number 0870 5848 848
Web Site: www.raileurope.co.uk
Monday to Friday 10.00 – 18.00 & Saturday 10.00 – 17.00
Monday to Friday 08.00 – 21.00, Saturday 09.00 – 18.00 & Sunday 10.00 – 17.00
Telephone number 020 7224 0345
Monday to Friday 08.00:21.00
Web Site: www.spanish-rail.co.uk
www.renfe.es/ingles for timetables and fares
Web Site: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harbour Station, Porthmadog, Gwynedd, LL49 9NF
Telephone number 01766 512400
Web Site: www.festtravel.co.uk
Web Site: email@example.com
4 Station Approach,March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 8SJ
Telephone number 01354 660222
Fax number 01354 660444
Web Site: www.trainseurope.co.uk
Web Site: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on rail travel and links visit www.seat61.com and select Gibraltar from the navigation bar.