Gibraltar’s safety has always been an important attraction for our visitors. Now more than ever it is important that you feel secure with us, when you decide to return to visit this magnificent destination.
Here are some of the measures that have been implemented and will be taken, to make you feel safe when you visit The Rock.
Travel measures now include:
- Masks are required on public transport with buses operating at 75% capacity
- Additional disinfection and cleaning in all areas • Social distancing in all areas
On arrival at Gibraltar International Airport, the following is in place:
- All Public Health advice available on the Gibraltar Airport website, on signage in all areas throughout the Air Terminal, on handouts and on the Flight Information Display Screens.
- Implementation of the various aviation security easements and dispensations as directed by the UK Dept. for Transport and ratified by the Civil Aviation Security Regulator here in Gibraltar.
- Dispensers containing alcohol based gels available throughout the whole departure and arrival process in all the public areas and at staff workstations.
- All Public Counters fitted with self-standing screens.
- All toilets/washrooms cleaned daily periodically and available for hand washing.
- Social Distancing mitigation via stanchions in front of every Public Counter, stickers on the floor in the queuing areas, PA announcements and enforcement using ad hoc foot patrols.
- All trays and tables at Central Search disinfected daily.
- All trolleys used in Arrivals and the Main Concourse disinfected daily.
- All public seating relocated to observe social distancing with seats blanked off to achieve this. All of them disinfected daily.
- All touch surfaces, (handrails, lift buttons, door handles, etc.) cleaned regularly various times a day.
- Staff issued with Face Shields for use when it is not possible to maintain social distances with gloves available for searching both persons and bags.
The Gibraltar Nature Reserve, Upper Rock tourist attractions are now open, with the exception of the WWII Tunnels that will reopen on Monday 20th July.
- Masks must be worn at all times by any person entering the Upper Rock attractions.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided at each of the entrances, these must be used before entering and leaving.
- Opening hours are from 9.30am to 7.15pm, last entry at 6.45pm. The Skywalk opening hours are from 9.00am to 9.00pm (June to September)
- For full Cable Car protocols and proceedures CLICK HERE
Hotels are currently following standard protocols on:
- Social distancing and cleaning to ensure your safety
- There are signs in all public places advising on social distancing and other measures.
- Hand sanitisers are available in many public areas.
On arrival at the Gibraltar Coach Terminus:
- Social distancing, additional cleaning and hand sanitising measures are in place.
At the Gibraltar Tourist Board Information offices:
- Screens are in place between visitors and the information officers. Social distancing, additional cleaning and hand sanitising measures are in place.
Bars and Restaurants:
- Social distancing measures have been put in place with tables a minimum of 2m apart.
- All staff must wear face coverings.
- Restaurants are restricted to a maximum of 50% of normal capacity.
- Additional cleaning measures are also in place.
- Reservations must be made in advance.
- Bars & restaurants will close at a latest of 2am
For further information and for the full guidelines CLICK HERE
- The bathing season started on 16th June
- Group gatherings must not exceed 20 people
- Social distancing and good hygiene practices are advised
Public Health Gibraltar advice:
You can get updated information on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic in Gibraltar - CLICK HERE
Unlocking the Rock
Detailed information about the unlocking plan - CLICK HERE
Is Gibraltar open to tourists?
Yes Gibraltar is open to tourists, attractions are open with distancing measures in place. Please see above for further details.
Can I cross the frontier?
Gibraltar is open to all nationalities however, due to Spain’s current restrictions land border crossings are only possible for EU residents. Please have all valid travel documents with you.
Are hotels open?
Hotels in Gibraltar are all open with the exception of Sunborn which is expected to reopen shortly.
Do I need to quarantine when I arrive?
No, quarantine upon arrival is not a requirement in Gibraltar.
Will I be tested when I arrived?
No, however you may be asked whether you have any of the symptoms or where you have been travelling from.
Can I cross into Gibraltar by car during the pandemic?
Yes you can still travel into Gibraltar by car, permitted you have all valid travel documents with you.