This battery was constructed on part of the old 7th Europa Battery and in between the later 1st and 2nd Europa Batteries of 1859, named after Sir George Harding, Chief Engineer in 1844. Originally, two 18 pounders were located on site. In 1863 there were two 32 pounders located here and 1877 saw the reconstruction of the battery to take a 12.5” RML on a barbette mounting. There is no record of when the 12.5” gun was dismounted but by 1939 the site housed an AASL (Anti Aircraft Searchlight). The battery now houses a visual and audio display of the historic and natural aspects of Gibraltar with particular focus on the area it is located in, Europa Point.