This gate in Charles V Wall overlooks Trafalgar Cemetery and is named after Queen Victoria’s father, HRH the Duke of Kent. This gate was opened in 1790 when HRH had his first posting to Gibraltar. He subsequently left and returned as Governor in 1802. Although he left Gibraltar in 1803 he refused to surrender his appointment as Governor of Gibraltar. We therefore had a Lieutenant Governor in Gibraltar from 1804 till 1820 when HRH Duke of Kent died.